If you’re going to expose yourself to over 1 billion people, you need tools to measure your success. This isn’t just a list of Instagram analytics tools, it’s a guide to Instagram marketing. Why your brand should be there. Why tracking the analytics is vital. What you should track. And… the tools you’ll need. There’s also a pretty nifty Instagram marketing strategy checklist you can download, which will put you on the fast track to Instagram success.
Instagram, originally a glorified online photo album, is now the darling of Instagrammable brands. Instagrammable? Takes a good photo.
Why should your brand be on Instagram?
The image-based social media platform was made for influencer marketing, delivering 11x higher ROI than traditional digital marketing. Of course, your brand is there. Even if you’re not using the platform, your brand is there.
1 billion. Remember? They’re sharing your new lipstick, your shiny car, your Unicorn Frappuccino.
There are over 25 million business profiles on the Instagram, increasing visibility of their products, brand awareness, and consumer love.
You looking for reasons to be on the ‘gram? Take a look…
- One billion monthly active users
- Instagram delivers 11x higher ROI than traditional digital marketing. Check out How to Find the best Instagram Influencers, to win big!
Virtual influencer – Lil Miquela – doesn’t exist. Yet, she has 1.5M followers.
- User-generated content is rife on Instagram, with hashtags increasing your brand’s visibility. Remember #ShareACoke? A campaign employing product personalisation, encouraging consumers to share photos on social media. Consumption was increased by 7% in the first year.
Tracking #ShareACoke with Talkwalker Analytics.
- Instagram has the highest rate of engagement of all social media platforms.
- Instagram Stories and livestream content makes it easy for brands to show their human side. To interact with followers. How to videos, behind the scenes with the team, customer testimonials, etc.
- Instagram announced in March 2019 that the platform would be launching a digital mall. Yep, that’s right, you’ll now be able to buy products at the Instagram Checkout. A seamless shopping experience that’s going to wow!
- It’s FREE! The ‘gram is FREE!!!
Why should I track Instagram analytics?
How else will you know if your Instagram marketing strategy is working? Instagram Insights will reveal analytics for your account and posts. If you’re looking for more detail, you’ll need a third-party Instagram analytics tool, like Talkwalker.
To help you on your way, download our free Instagram marketing strategy checklist. Optimize your strategy and align team.
Talkwalker Instagram analytics tool – sentiment key drivers and share of emotions.
One week at Coca-Cola.
What metrics should I track in Instagram?
The metrics you track, depend on what you want to achieve. Your goals. An ecommerce site wanting to increase sales, would track site traffic coming from Instagram and conversions. For more details, check out my Instagram analytics blog post.
- Follower demographics
- Follower growth
- Website traffic via Instagram
- Engagement rate
Instagram analytics tools
My blog post. My rules. My employer. My favourite tool. Talkwalker Analytics…
Talkwalker has the most comprehensive Instagram metrics monitoring capabilities on the market. It makes sense that the platform has the best tool.
Here’s a breakdown of the metrics you can track using its awesome social listening tool…
- Owned Instagram insights – monitor follower demographics, post details, user engagement, brand mentions
- Instagram hashtags – monitor 30 hashtags at one time – per business token – from business and user accounts
Monitor hashtags on Instagram with Talkwalker Analytics.
- Your competitors – identify what type of media they’re posting – image, video, location, schedule
- Instagram influencers – find the best influencers for your rand, measure engagement and follower growth
The best of the rest…
Instagram Insights – basic analytics about your account, posts, followers. It’s free with your Instagram account, but for most metrics you can only compare the current week to the previous. That’s why you’ll need a third-party Instagram analytics tool.
This is a summary of the best of the rest. Check out my Instagram analytics tools post, for more details.
Manage how you post across multiple accounts…
- Target top followers
- Identify follower demographics – languages, locations, interests
- Find relevant hashtags
- Identify the best time to post
- Track competitors with business profiles
Easy to use engagement calendar and competitor tracker…
- Influencer directory and auditor
- Engagement calculator
- Marketing contract generator
Historical and real-time metrics for Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook…
- Optimize posting schedule
- Increase follower growth
- Reveal competitor strategies
- Automate reporting
Curates user-generated content so brands can sell their products directly from Instagram…
- Prepare and schedule your content
- Track content impact and prove ROI
- Track mentions and tags
- Monitor campaigns, competitors, influencers
- Deliver AI-powered virtual showrooms
Make data-driven decisions about what, when, and how to post…
- automated reporting with qualitative and quantitative metrics
- Client reporting
- Evaluate social media content and hashtag campaigns
- Competitive benchmarking
Access to metrics of most recent posts, follower growth, monthly analysis, historical data…
- Identify followers preferences and interests
- Which posts are driving engagement
- Find the best time to share images, best filters, and best hashtags
- Instagram rocks influencer marketing, delivering 11x higher ROI than traditional digital marketing
- Instagram is stuffed with UGC – 85% of consumers find visual user-generated content more persuasive than other types of content
- Instagram has more than 1 billion monthly active users – the highest engagement rate of all social platforms