When approached by Sumpple to test and review the 720P Full HD S631 camera I was more than interested. I’m running 2 x IP cameras at home in conjunction with the superb Sighthound software and I’ve recently taken someone to court and won using footage from my cameras, so I fully understand the importance of surveillance and evidence in modern day life. Be it outside watching your car, house or business, or inside watching your office, or more importantly your child or pet.You set-up and control the Sumpple S631 camera via an app on your Android or Apple smartphone or tablet. It’s a very simple set-up process via QR Code, or LAN.
The camera is easy to use and adjust, be it for surveillance, or to record video to your mobile, take snapshot photos and set up email or FTP motion detection alerts. As a bonus you can export the videos as MP4 and photos as jpeg from your smartphone and archive or use as evidence. The media is saved to your phone under folders called Baby830Videos and Baby830 which suggests the camera and app is aimed at the baby surveillance market. But it is suitable for home and commercial use as well.This latest S631 model is a well-priced, easy to set-up and effective outdoor (or indoors) surveillance camera with both WiFi and Ethernet network connectivity.
The camera has many features including night vision which switches automatically and seamlessly between day (colour) and night (black and white), and it has decent motion detection with email alerts. The design is compact and robust with an IP66 rated housing which means it’s fully protected from total dust ingress and from high pressure water jets from any direction. The remote video surveillance works well via the Android or IOS apps.The camera has 1280 x 720p HD resolution and the quality is superb for the small investment. I’ve tested it in various light conditions, rooms and locations including looking through glass and all are great for optimum security and peace of mind be it watching your child, pet or vehicle. The quality is definitely good enough for court evidence and a prosecution.
The live camera feed from the Sumpple S631 is sent directly to the Sumpple IPCam smartphone or tablet app and recordings and snapshots are saved to your device.If you simply want surveillance with alerts to your mobile phone this camera is perfect. I would certainly recommend the camera if you want a high-value wireless camera, and you’ll struggle to find better for the low cost which can be used inside or outdoorsSetting up the camera is a simple process using the “Sumpple IPCam” app. Once set up, you can remotely view videos on your smartphone or tablet and playback recordings, view snapshot photos and record in real-time.
Click the Settings menu and you can edit multiple settings including password, time stamp, motion detection, email alerts, plus more.Via Internet Explorer browser you can access the camera via it’s IP address (find this via your router admin panel or an “Advanced IP Scanner” type software), view live video and make even more changes to the settings. Username: admin. Password: sumpple.
SETTING UP THE CAMERA USING THE “Sumpple” IPCam app:
1. Ensure WiFi is turned on your router and phone, and that you have your router password handy.
2. Download the ‘Sumpple’ app for your smartphone from Play Store or iPhone from the app store.
3. Power the camera and follow the app instructions which involves scanning the QR Code on the camera and enter your router info.
4. If this method fails which it did for me, connect the included Ethernet cable from your router to the camera.
5. In the app click “Add Camera”, now scan the QR Code via your smartphone, enter “sumpple” (lower case) as the password and you now have a live video feed on your mobile and/or web browser (IE only).
MOUNTING THE CAMERA:
Position the camera in a good location near to a mains socket and within range of WiFi signal unless you are using Ethernet cable. You can desk, wall or ceiling mount the camera, indoors or out. If using inside, the camera weather shield unscrews easily.
– Use Indoor & Outdoor IP Camera
– Resolution: 1280 x 720 Pixels (1000K Pixels, i.e. 1.0 Megapixel)
– Image Sensor: 1/4″ Color CMOS Sensor
– Viewing Angle: 60-90 Degree
– Day & Night Vision (Infrared Technology)
– Wireless or Ethernet Connectivity
– App Remote Viewing, Control & Recording
– Image Compression: H.264, MJPEG (Export as MP4)
– Image Snapshot: jpg
In the Box:
– Sumpple IP Camera
– Mounting Bracket & Screws
– Quick SetUp Guide
– CD with PDF User Guides