So much scary press about artificial intelligence. Controversy surrounds the topic, debates are intense. Fake news and blatant untruths are rammed down our throats on a daily basis. Robots are going to steal your jobs! Humans have had their day! AI bots will threaten humanity! Scream the headlines. I’m here to make quell your fears, along with 10 marketing experts sharing their predictions of AI trends.
Artificial intelligence won’t steal our jobs. We shouldn’t fear it. It can only do what we tell it to do, what we teach it. Therefore, if it’s bad… We get to choose, use, and abuse AI to make our lives easier.
Every day I use AI and I’m here to say that the impact of AI on marketing is… wow. Just, WOW! Making business decisions is no longer a stab in the dark. AI-powered technology has increased levels of trust, sharpened data, amplified communication, and saved time and money.
Artificial intelligence is here to stay!
In the early 19th Century, trains took to the tracks. People thought that their bodies would melt travelling so fast. We’re talking 48 kph.
Seriously, you’re not gonna melt.
It’s futile trying to fight change, progress. AI is already here:
- Traffic cameras use artificial intelligence to read license plates
- Self-driving cars use deep learning to judge surrounding space
- Digital assistants like Alexa and Siri use AI to help you perform tasks
- Vacuum bots use AI to scan rooms for objects so they can vacuum your floor without bumping into things
Artificial intelligence is in our smartphones, our laptops. Amazon knows what we buy. Netflix knows what we watch, Spotify knows our fave tunes. Social media uses AI to improve your experience, for ad targeting, to detect and delete offensive comments.
What AI can do for marketers
Here’s my challenge… jump onboard the AI Engine. Use artificial intelligence to:
- Analyze the digital landscape and find accurate insights and updates in real-time
- Personalize content and deliver to targeted audiences
- Track and analyze trending topics
- Monitor and react crises in real-time
- Find metrics with greater data coverage and accuracy
- Localize your content globally
What are the artificial intelligence trends? Speak!
10 marketing experts – names you’ll know and respect – shared their predictions of future trends in artificial intelligence. The entire list is in my post – What is AI? What are the AI trends? marketing experts have their say!
The panel consist of international experts, boasting years of experience:
- Christopher S. Penn | Co-Founder and Chief Innovator at Trust Insights
- Martin Shervington | Founder, Business Consultant, Speaker, Community Builder, Tech Blogger
- Christina Garnett | marketing media maven LLC – Davidson College
- Stephen Waddington | Partner and Chief Engagement Officer, Ketchum PR
- Tanya Wehr | Social Media Strategist, Founder of Pielinen
- Adrienne A. Wallace | Technology CMO & Corporate Strategist
- Dr Jillian Ney | Digital Behavioural Scientist – The Social Intelligence lab
- Travis Hawley | VP Business Development & Marketing at Viral Nation
- Karen Freberg | Social Media Professor
- Sam Hurley | Owner of Optim-eyez branding and influencer marketing agency and leading marketing influencer
- Natacha Rousseau | PR & Marketing Consultant at RousseauLinares + Transform Group
I’m going to give you a taster of the trends our experts shared. If you’d like to see the full list, hop on over to What is AI? What are the AI trends? Marketing experts have their say!
Stephen Waddington, Chief Engagement Officer at Ketchum, commented on the narrative surrounding the impact of AI on jobs being “typically polarised between denial and techno-panic.” He stated that, “Today 12% of PR skills can already be undertaken or significantly enhanced by artificial intelligence. This figure is likely to rise to 38% over the next five years.
Martin Shervington stated that, “AI will help businesses to get the ‘right messages to the right audience at the right time’ to influence consumer decisions.”
Image recognition was explored by Travis Hawley. He discussed how consumers will be able to take a photo of a pair of shoes they like. They will then be taken instantly to the product page to purchase. While Karen Freberg declared, “dreams come true with Talkwalker AI Engine.”
Gee, thanks Karen.
Adrienne Wallace got controversial and asked do marketers truly understand artificial intelligence. Know how to “how to analyze internal and external data properly, and then deliver results.”
Christopher Penn discussed attribution analysis and how it used to cost millions of dollars, with massive hardware requirements. Now, it can be achieved on a laptop with mature artificial intelligence technology. Proving that marketing channels, tactics, and strategies are more achievable than ever with AI.
Christopher also gave the new Talkwalker AI Engine a spin. Here’s a snippet of his review…
“Talkwalker’s new machine learning capabilities are great for the media monitoring industry and more important, give Talkwalker first-mover-advantage in artificial intelligence for the media space… ”
Final teaser comes from Tanya Wehr, who after trying out the AI Engine announced, “Talkwalker’s AI feature blew my mind!”
What AI trends do you foresee?
Business leaders think that artificial intelligence will be crucial to their success, with 72% claiming AI as THE business advantage of the future.
At Talkwalker, we offer AI-powered marketing technology with image recognition, sentiment analysis, custom models. We work with it every day. Do you?
For the full list of artificial intelligence trends, check out: What is AI? What are the AI trends? Marketing experts have their say!