Ecommerce websites too need to be optimized like any other website for best results. Many SEO strategies need to be implemented if you want to enjoy significant ecommerce profits and sales.
- Online Store Design, Layout & Content: Your ecommerce store must have all elements placed in a well balanced way. Main elements of an online store are product images, product descriptions, navigation structure, shopping cart, etc. The product descriptions must be keyword-rich and must inform the users about the benefits of buying those products describing their features.
- Dynamic URLs: Most ecommerce sites have dynamic URLs that are complicated and difficult to be indexed by search engines. So for better search results, it is important to convert dynamic URLs to static URL or disallow search engines to read those URLs using Robot.txt.
- Integrate Search Functionality: If you have a large ecommerce website with hundreds of product and many product categories, you must integrate search functionality for enhance user experience. Users should be allowed to search using various criteria like brand, price range, product category, etc.
- Publicize your successes: This might sound abnormal, but you ought to hear it. It is important to announce your website sales and other successes. Unless you promote your online store, no one will. It is important do promotions through press releases and other ways like promoting on social media sites like Twitter or Facebook.
- Landing pages: Landing pages are focused marketing pages targeted on a product or a group of products. They have strong marketing tone and call to action phrase with compelling content. Landing pages create great user experience with custom copy highlighting product features and benefits.
- Easy shopping process: It is important to have a simple and uncomplicated shopping process. Don’t make your users click more than three or maximum four links to reach the final payment page. Give them all popular payment options for best results. If the shopping process is complicated the users might change their mind which will prove really bad for your business profits.
- Track Ecommerce Statistics: If you have an Ecommerce website, you can track various important statistics and use the information to improve your ecommerce marketing strategies. Various statistics that you can track are time spent on your website, page views, bounce rates, geographic location of users, etc. You can also analyze search results to know what products people are looking for. Funnel tracking helps you track your users’ complete check out process and registration process. This gives you an insight about your users’ behavior.