So, you already have your Facebook page. You update it frequently, you have thousands of fans, and you are very proud of yourself. You fully understand the role and power of social media today. After all, most people out there use social media to relax, connect with others, and have some fun. At the same time, you feel like you could make some money on the side from your Facebook page. I don’t blame you for that. Everybody wants to make some money, right? Without any further ado, I would like to present you with some easy-to-implement ideas that can help you accomplish that:
1. Decide what you want to sell: a product or service. Ideally, it will be something your fans will be interested in buying. One of the best things about Facebook is that with a large number of faithful fans you won’t have to do that much advertising, although you will always be looking to increase the number of your potential clients. The good news is that there are some good and reliable tools that will help you with this task.
2. Create a Facebook store. You have a few designs and tools to choose from here depending on your needs. A few examples of such software include Shopify, Magento, Bigcommerce and Selz. Selz is a quick, easy, simple solution for online entrepreneurs and independent micro businesses that don’t need a full-blown ecommerce shop, but want a low cost, easy to set up, non-technical, secure way to sell their physical, digital goods or services via a blog, web site or social media. You don’t need to pay anything for the installation of the software as you pay only if you sell. Selz is a convenient tool that makes setting up a Facebook store a breeze. All you need to do is to create a Selz account and you are ready to get started as every new Selz account comes with a free Facebook store.
3. Once you have your store set up, it is time to encourage your customers to roll in. You will want to increase your exposure by increasing the number of your fans who can become your potential customers. You are definitely lucky, because Facebook enthusiasts make for perfect long-term customers. They are the ones who spend countless hours surfing the Web exploring all that it has to offer. They have all the time in the world to engage in conversations with people they don’t even know, or to listen to the reviews of products they have never heard about. They are open to new suggestions and they are always willing to try new things out. Be aware though that most of them have short attention spans. Because of this, you need to capture their interest and try to keep it for as long as possible.
4. Increasing the number of your fans is not enough as even the most faithful ones might not guarantee the influx of money you expect. You will need to invest some time in the marketing of your Facebook store. Aside from Facebook, use other social media sites such as Twitter or Google+ to improve the exposure of your Facebook store. Twitter is a good way to spread the word about your store as it is fast and effective. Creating a YouTube video to showcase your product might be more time consuming, but in the end it will bring you bigger profits. And there is finally Pinterest where you can include some high-quality pictures of your product.
5. Offer coupon codes and promotions to encourage your customers to keep coming back for more. Being able to offer various promotions and discounts is not reserved for brick and mortar stores. Facebook stores present this opportunity as well. Everybody likes to get a good deal here and there including Facebook enthusiasts.
6. Don’t neglect your Facebook page. On the contrary, make sure that it stays updated with fresh content on a regular basis. Instead of resting on laurels, you should care about your Facebook page more than ever. Only because now you have a Facebook store shouldn’t mean that you can let yourself go. Put some effort in your Facebook page, and you will reap the benefits of your hard work.
7. Care about your customers the way you would like others to care about you. Do you like reliable customer service? If yes, then offer dependable customer support. A Facebook page is a platform for never—ending conversations. Take it to your advantage and respond to all the questions of your fans thoroughly. In a nutshell, show your loyal fans and supporters that you care.
8. Don’t shy away from using social sharing. The more often your fans share your content, the more likely they will be to encourage others to visit your Facebook page and your store. Entice them to share what they’ve learned about your store with others, and you are on the right path to success.
Facebook and is a great and reliable platform to create and manage an online store. With a little bit of work, you might be able to achieve things you haven’t been able to achieve in the past. Keep working on your Facebook store and you should see the results of your hard work in no time.
This post was written by Adrian Zaremba who has been a Web Publishing and Internet Marketing professional since 2007.