Video is an excellent medium for you to give your name and your face visibility as an expert in your marketplace and to convert browsers in to buyers.
- You can produce product sales videos, product demo videos, product review videos, customer product review videos, technical product videos and testimonial videos.
- Create a YouTube account and host your videos there. Make them shorter than 10 minutes as YouTube has a file size limit. You can then grab the YouTube code, unique for each video you submit and embed this code on to your website page.
- You can submit any number of videos directly to YouTube or Google Video, etc., on your niche market that will give prospects the opportunity to get to know you. Studies have shown that people respond well to video because more of the five senses are being used in comparison to reading text. Also, as a merchant you can quickly build trust with face to face contact.
- If you do use landing pages (or opt-in squeeze pages) in your ecommerce marketing strategy you can also use your voice or video to help people emotionally connect to you, your website and your products directly on the landing pages. Then at the end of the video tell them to opt-in to your email list, click to a specific page on your site or even forward the video to a specific product page.
- You can run a series of videos in the form of tutorials or informational videos on your products. People are constantly looking for information online, so if you are providing something relevant and up to date, then they will find you and make their way to your website.