Before making your first e-commerce sale, you would definitely need any help with your starting run. It may be in the help of your friends, some experts, and even different tools that can enhance your performance in your e-commerce business.
Every business is made to create and generate revenue. Since this business is done online, you would need different guides and tools to have a better run for your online business. We will be showing you different tools for e-commerce that can help you raise your revenue.
Why You Need Tools for E-Commerce
Proven by different big e-commerce companies, tools are essential for the operation of your business. You will easily benefit from it in many ways such as raising awareness to your target audience, product awareness, business promotion, and generating profit from it.
A lot of tools have made our life easier, not necessarily for e-commerce, but also the simple tools that help in our daily lives. For your e-commerce business with the help of these tools, you can easily get different insights about your business, identify the problems that may slow down your processes, and helping in giving solutions for those problems.
Different Types of Tools for eCommerce
Analytics tools are important for your e-commerce business because those tools are helping you get an insight into the performance of your site. You would easily know about the behaviors of your customers whenever they are in your site. From there, analytics reports can be used to improve your site to provide a better place for your customers.
1. Clicky – It is an analytics tool that helps your customers in accessing system information of your e-commerce site. Beyond the normal analytics services, it can also offer to track Flash and Ajax events for you.
2. GoSquared – This tool supplies you with metrics, graphs, and reports about your revenue and sales in real time. Along with that, you can make comparisons on your previous sales and revenue report to see if yours are increasing or decreasing.
3. Metrilo – Your products’ performances and conversions can be tracked using Metrilo. It shows different reports to you that gives you an idea about your customer’s purchasing behaviors and process.
Business Development and Operations
Business development and operations tools will basically help you in managing your everyday activities inside your business. These include all finances and logistics operations in your e-commerce business. Ideally, your operations will be seamless using these tools.
1. Skubana – It is an app that helps in managing every back-end operation in your e-commerce business. Some of those operations are order processing, inventory, shipping and delivery, vendor management, and more.
2. Better Coupon Box – This app uses the power of coupon pop-ups in your site. The coupon pop-ups are supposed to lure your website visitors into getting those coupons just by subscribing to your site either on their emails or social media accounts. With this, you can easily increase online sales and subscribers of your business.
3. TradeGecko – This tool is made to create easier backend retail. All of your operations such as order syncing, reports, management of inventory, and product bundling are done by this tool. It also keeps track of your inventory that also helps to monitor your sales and to make sure that you are not overselling your products.
When it comes to promotions for your business, you would need marketing tools. These will easily give you a helping hand for driving awareness about your product and/or service straight to your target audiences. You will have different bits of help in your email marketing, social media marketing, online ads, involving marketing blogs, and more.
1. StoreYa – This tool is using on-site promotions which will be converted to having a higher conversion rate for your business. Most people will be lured to go to your online store. It also gives the option to sell on Facebook and let your customers invite their friends to visit your shop.
2. AdHawk – It helps in making all of your promotions and advertising easier with the help of cross-platform reporting. It basically connects all of your business’ social media accounts to allow a seamless and streamlined process of promoting your business.
3. Klaviyo – It helps in creating a list of your customers and automatically added to your mailing lists. After a customer purchased to your site, you can get their email, and Klaviyo will do the work for you for an easier email marketing campaign for you.
Product pricing is essential since you need to think of the right price for your products where you can still generate profit and increase your e-commerce conversion rate. These product pricing tools can help your business to remain in the right place to get revenue.
1. CamelCamelCamel – It helps you in knowing the pricing of the same product in Amazon. Through this, you can set a comparison chart on the different prices and get some history of the inflation or deflation of the product price. With this, you will have an idea of how much you will price your product.
2. UpstreamCommerce – This tool helps you to access data on the pricing of your competitors. It can also give you a pricing strategy to easily be ahead of your competition.
You need to know how your users are interacting with your site and their different behaviors when in your site. These data can help in increasing conversions to your site. Different tools are used to help businesses capitalize on these opportunities.
1. Chalmark – This tool gathers different feedback on designs by pretesting it before it is launched. It also offers first click testing which gives you an idea what your customers usually clicks first in your site.
2. Bounce Exchange – It tracks cursor movements of your visitors in real time. You would know that parts of your site they usually go and the links or features they usually click.
Cloud Storage and Back-up
It is good that your site is up and running, but you would need cloud storage and backups for your site. Cloud storage makes it more affordable since you would not need to buy a physical server or storage for your backups.
1. Carbonite – This tool gives you back-up and recovery for 24 /7 service. It offers backups for your data that can work on different operating systems such as Windows, Mac, Linux, and more. Your back up is stored in a cloud that is perfect for small and medium-sized businesses.
2. Mozy – It is cloud storage that aims to give perfect and seamless protection and to sync for your backup. All of your files can be accessed remotely, and all are encrypted so there are lower instances of hacking data.
3. CrashPlan – This tool helps in producing many copies of your website’s data and makes it easy to access on different mobile devices.
Along with the success of your site, your project management skills should be off the charts. You need to monitor every project and task and ensure that all of it meets its corresponding deadlines for a more efficient, effective, and productive business you have.
1. Pingboard – It creates an organization chart that can help track all of the members of the team. It also features putting the member’s skills and other information about him/her. It will be better if you can put his skills for the job for easier work delegation.
2. Trello – It is a project management application that helps in overseeing a whole project of your business. Tasks are in the form of cards, and you will easily drag and drop it depending on its progress in the project.
3. Skype – This tool connects different people from different places through a group audio or video call. It can support up to 25 people for audio calls and 10 people for video calls. Meetings are perfect here if all members are not in the same place.