When approached by WansView to test and review the 1080P Full HD NCM625GA camera I was more than interested. I’m running 2 x IP cameras at home in conjunction with the superb Sighthound software and I’ve recently taken someone to court and won using footage from my cameras, so I fully understand the importance of surveillance and evidence in modern day life. Be it outside watching your car or house, or inside watching your office, or more importantly your child or pet.This camera is designed for internal use, such as monitoring your home, office, baby or pet. It will also work looking through glass but the video quality is slightly affected. If using through glass you will need to switch off the IR LED’s in the web admin panel.
With home surveillance technology, the hardware tends to be robust, but software often falls short. However with this camera, the software equals the hardware, and both are superb offering excellent value for the low investment. It’s a simple camera to operate and yet feature-rich and the video quality recordings are superb. Viewing remotely from the remote app is effortless and the PTZ (Pan, Tilt, Zoom) features allow you to view most of your room/environment. The camera will show you 360 degrees of the room on the horizontal, and 90 degrees on the vertical.You set-up and control the camera via an app on your Android or Apple smartphone or tablet. It’s a very simple set-up process via App and QR Code. The camera is easy to use and adjust, be it for surveillance with or without sound, or to record video, take snapshot photos, set up email or FTP motion detection alerts. As a bonus you can export videos as MP4 and photos as jpeg which is perfect for archiving or evidence. The media is saved to your phone “IPCamera” folder or SD card (or microSD card using an adapter).The camera has 1920 x 1080 HD resolution and the quality is superb for such a small investment. I’ve tested it in various rooms and locations including looking through glass and all are great for optimum security and peace of mind, be it watching your child, pet or vehicle. The quality is definitely good enough for court evidence and a prosecution.
The data from the WansView camera is sent directly to the “iSmartViewPro” Android or Apple smartphone or tablet app. With integrated 2-way audio you can listen and also talk to the your child or pet in the other room.You can record to mobile phone or SD Card (microSD card with adapter) 64GB max, and watch recorded videos via the app. However, the only way I could access the microSD card recordings was by removing the card from the camera and reading it in my PC via a card reader. I could not access the videos on the SD card via the app, and was only able to view the recorded videos from my phone storage location via the app. Also when exporting videos, they were far better quality directly from the SD card and inferior quality when exported from my mobile.Setting up the camera is a simple process using the “iSmartViewPro” app. Once set up, you can remotely view videos on your smartphone or tablet and playback recordings, adjust the camera via pan, tilt, zoom, view snapshot photos and check alerts. Click “Advanced Settings” and you can edit multiple settings including password, time setting, motion detection, email alerts, FTP, plus a lot more. Via Internet Explorer browser you can access the camera via it’s IP address (find this via your router admin panel or an “Advanced IP Scanner” type software) and make even more changes including add/remove time and date stamp, disable motion sensor when PTZ is operational, centre the camera, turn the red (power), adjust mic and audio volume and blue (WiFi) LED’s on or off, Night Vision (turn off IR LED lights), plus a lot more.Mounting the Camera:Position the camera in a good location near to a mains socket. You can desk, wall or ceiling mount the camera.
SETTING UP THE CAMERA USING THE “iSmartViewPro” CAM APP:
1. Ensure WiFi is turned on your router and phone, and that you have your router password handy.
2. Power the camera and wait until the red LED flashes slowly.
3. Connect the included Ethernet cable from your router to the camera.
4. Download the ‘iSmartViewPro’ app for your smartphone from Play Store or iPhone from the app store, open the app and click “Add Camera”, now scan the QR Code via your smartphone, enter “123456” as the password and click “Done”.
CONNECT TO WIFI: (this must be done within 5 minutes of powering on the camera)
1. Add Camera as above, click “More” and then enter your router password and click “Configure”.
2. Now place your smartphone within 1 metre of the camera microphone (on the front) so the emitted audible noise is transmitted effectively until the blue LED flashes faster.
3. It will take a minute or so to connect and then the Blue LED will now remain static once connected.
RECORD TO SD CARD:Insert Card > Advanced Settings > Format. Videos recordings will now record to both phone storage and SD card.
– Wireless Camera with One Power Lead Connection (included)
– Wireless: WIFI, 802.11 b/g/n (2.4 GHz – not compatible with 5GHz)
– Setup via mobile app
– Nice Compact Design
– 1920 x 1080 HD Video
– Video compression: H.264
– Easy Set-up (QR Code, QSS/WPS)
– Audio: Built in Speaker & Mic
– H.264 Compression
– Lens: 4.2mm 2.0MP
– Remote viewing
– 4 Zone Motion Detection alarm sending picture/video (Email, FTP)
– Image resolution: 720P (1280 x 720)
– 3 Dbi Antenna for extreme reliable Wi-Fi connection. Support IEEE802.11b/g/n 150Mbps.
– Real Plug and Play 1 minute setup.
– Remote Stunning Pan and Tilt control, 340 degree x 90 degree covers every corner of your home.
– Two-Way Voice, built in mic and speaker.
– Card slot record directly to SD supported for 64 GB.
– Alarm trigger: Intelligent motion detection
– Alarm action: notifications on the phone
– iSmartViewPro app
– Dimensions: 11 x 12 x 11 cm
– Weight: 980g
In the Box:
– HD Camera, Antenna
– Mounting Bracket + Screws
– 1 Network Cable
– Mains Power Lead
– Quick Start Guide
– CD (for PC)