Yard Sentinel HR131 Electronic Pest & Animal Control Repellent with PIR Motion Sensor is a battery or mains powered device, designed to eliminate unwanted pests and animals from your garden, yard or outdoor area. It’s the industry recommended safe and chemical-free method and is fast and effective. If you have a problem with cats, mice, rabbits, rats or other intruders the Yard Sentinel device uses ultrasonic technology and a sonic alarm to create a very hostile environment which is unwelcoming to pests and quickly eliminates them.
Animals and pests tend to leave unwanted smells as they mark their territory and at worst defecate on your lovely green lawn, but not anymore. I live near fields and a lot of cats wander through the garden leaving their mess, so it was a great opportunity to test the Yard Sentinel device for a couple of weeks. We used to see sightings every day without fail and literally within hours of installing the device we noticed a difference. Within a few days to a week we haven’t seen one intruder. As soon as you start to set up the device yourself you’ll understand why it’s so powerful, it really does create disruptive frequencies and sounds.
The Sentinel HR131 device is extremely robust, weatherproof and naturally comes in a dark green colour to blend with the greenery of your garden. At the rear is a durable watertight lid, with 2 cut-outs for wall mounting at your desired height, and once removed reveals the mains power connection, battery compartment, switches and dials to adjust the various settings for great flexibility. 1. Ultrasonic Switch (Motion Sensor, Constant or Continuous Sweep), 2. Operating Time (24 Hour, Day, Night), 3. Motion Sensor Sensitivity (distance), 4. Sonic Volume, 5. Frequency Dial with pests listed so you can set the device to target your specific type of problem.
To set-up you first mount the unit at the recommended height, connect the mains power or insert the batteries. Now set the desired frequency, select the ultrasonic mode, set the sensitivity and the sonic volume and you’re all set. The sonic volume can be turned off if bothers you, your neighbours or pets. With easy on-off buttons you can easily change the settings at any time and adjust them according to your results. I used the constant setting and 24 hour operating time for maximum effect. The user guide is comprehensive and I highly recommended you read it to save time and for faster results. Excellent Product!
*For more features see the Yard Sentinel HR132 which comes with an additional strobe light for repelling nocturnal animals, and a remote control which gives you full control over the different modes as and when required.
– Ultra-Robust Construction, Material and Weatherproof Design
– Mains Powered, Battery Powered, or Mains Plus Battery Backup
– IPS (Intelligent Power System). Mains power will take priority over battery and use batteries as backup
– Ultrasonic: Adjustable frequencies so high only a pest can hear them
– Sonic Alarm: Audible alarm and harassment noise
– Modes: Motion Sensor, Constant or Continuous Sweep (random cycle through range of frequencies)
– Infrared Motion Sensor: Detects pests in range and activates device
– Mains Adapter: AC Mains 110-240V, Output DC 9V/500mA
– Battery: DC power sources, 4 x C size batteries or vehicle power source by connecting cigar lighter socket or DC sealed lead-acid (SLA) battery
– Ultrasonic Frequency: 15 kHz to 25 kHz (adjustable)
– Output Sound Pressure: 0 – 110dB
– Power Consumption: 0.18-1.5W mains powered, 0.07-0.8W battery powered
– Optimum Distance: Infrared sensor up to 45 feet (14 metres) approximately, Ultrasonic effective range: 5,000 sq. feet (465 metres) or 70×70 feet (21×21 metres)
– Security Alarm/Harassment Noise Sound Pressure: 0-110dB maximum (adjustable), +/-5dB
– Operating Time: Adjustable operating time for Day, Night or 24 Hour
– Dimensions: L161 x W131 x H79mm
– Weight: 344g
– Batteries: 4 x C (not included)
In the Box:
– Yard Sentinel HR131
– Mains AC Adapter with 2M Lead
– Additional 10M Extension Lead
– Mounting Screws
– Comprehensive User Guide