Selling your products online has become one of the main business models for many modern companies. Due to the rapid development of IT, this is a profitable business area to work in.
But it’s not enough just to have your online store on the Internet. It is also very important to sell as many of your products there as you possibly can. After all, those sales are the major source of revenue for many vendors operating online.
If you are an online vendor, there are a lot of ways for improvement without negatively affecting your traffic.
In this article, we are going to introduce you to 10 actions for improving your sales figures. They are not hard to implement and have a positive effect on sales.
Tips for improving your product pages
1. Create a dedicated landing page for every product you sell. This will help you place a specific emphasis on every element of your product portfolio and help move the website higher on the search engine result pages of Google or any other search engine.
2. Avoid creating duplicate content. Do not copy and paste a certain product description from the manufacturer site even if you might be tempted to do so. The time you will spend crafting a unique product description will certainly repay itself in higher search engine rankings and better user experience.
3. Arrange a correct layout for your product page. Don’t be afraid to include some additional information on your product pages. Arrange all the facts into respective sections explaining to your visitors why they should buy a product from your site and don’t forget to include some CTA buttons in appropriate places.
Some of the other things you might want to consider putting on your product page may include:
(b) Product Description;
(c) User Review Options;
(d) Product Manuals in the form of PDF files;
(e) “You might also be interested in” products;
(f) Product Ratings.
4. Introduce customer review options. By introducing your visitors to the possibility of leaving their opinion on a product page, you will get a chance to enjoy some extra user-generated content. In addition to that, your company will have more chances to convince potential customers to make their first purchase.
One important point needs to be added here. Not every one of your customers would agree to leave his/her honest product review. One way of overcoming this problem is to give them an incentive. Such form of encouragement can be an automatic entry in a sweepstake with a chance to enjoy a 50% discount off their next purchase.
Tips on improving your customers’ user experience
1. Make the shopping process easier. In other words, illuminate any unnecessary steps a customer should go through to complete your purchase. After pressing the usual “Add to Shopping Cart” button, the more clicks a user would have to make, the more reasons there will be for him or her to leave your site without completing a purchase.
2. Study your customers’ behavior to make any necessary changes to a website. This behavior may include analyzing how far up or down they travel across the product page, which elements they are clicking on and where do they spend the most time on. Some of the handy instruments which you can use for that type of research include Google Analytics, Crazy Egg, Convertize, and OptinMonster.
3. Analyze your clients searching habits. What kind of products do they search on your website? Perhaps there is a difference between your product name and the search terms your visitors prefer to use? If that is indeed the case, work on the content of your product pages to ensure they match the search terms of your users.
4. Do some split testing. Create 2 versions of your page with some significant differences to see which one works best in terms of conversions and sales. One possible example of such an experiment might include the use of different “add to cart” buttons.
5. Avoid using any unnecessary disruptions. When you are trying to guide users to a particular landing page with the hope of getting a new conversion, strive to make their journey as comfortable as possible by avoiding any unnecessary distractions. The latter case is proven to have a positive correlation with the possibility of your customer abandoning the whole purchasing process.
One extra tip for a complete success
Take an advantage of product upsells and cross-sells. By introducing some thematically similar products in the form of upsells and cross-sells, you will have an opportunity to add up to 15% to your business bottom line and align customers’ demands with your interests. If your online store is running on Magento platform, there are a couple of Magento 2 Automatic Related Product extensions which can help store owners in expanding the existing functionality of web stores by introducing related products either globally or per product view, substituting them with others, setting a number of each type of product relationships to be shown on the front-end and much more.
The 10 tips listed above are some of the proven ways to take your online sales to the next level. Choose the strategies which are going to work in your case to make the first of many sales. There is no right or wrong approach. The most important thing is to try different solutions and see what works best.