Smart TV. All 4 Catchups. Simple Design.
I have both 2013 and 2014 Samsung model TV’s. The UE22H5600 is a stunning TV and the only real difference is the Samsung Hub, v1 on the 2013 and v2 on the 2014 models. March 2015 Edit to this review, the TV now also has the BBC Connected Red Button service (added end March 2015) replacing basic digital text.
What’s good about the UE22H5600 and UE22H5610 TVs?
– Really crisp picture for a 22″, Full HD 1080P
– Clean & Simple Design
– Freeview + Freeview HD
– Great sound this year, with added option of: DTS TruSurround, DTSDialog, Equaliser to enhance the sound
– BBC, ITV, C4, C5 Catch-Up (Only brand at this time to offer all 4)
– Improved Smart Hub: A bit easier to use, update apps, access network, NAS, etc
– BBC Connected Red Button service
– Works seamlessly with my Synology NAS, over DLNA. Also connects to your PC with ease
– Wifi plus Ethernet Connection (I use wired with a powerplug for optimum speed, quality and reliability)
– Connect your Dropbox or Microsoft OneDrive Storage Service
– Connect your Phone using Samsung Smart View 2.0 App
– Plays all Audio and Video formats I’ve thrown at it so far
– 75mm VESA mounting holes on the back for wall-mount brackets. The positioning is near to the top of the set, so think about the style of wall-mount bracket if you don’t want to see it poking above the TV.
On 2013 model Samsung TV’s, updating the firmware via the TV or via the ‘Auto Update’ option did not work. It appears this has been fixed on the new 2014 models. I’m now asked to update on screen when an update is available. This helps save a lot of time.
If you do need to manually update the Firmware on a V1 or V2 Samsung Hub, follow this process…
Find your TV on the Samsung Website > Click ‘Support’ > Download the Update > Unzip > Copy file to USB pen drive > Connect Pen Drive to TV > Press ‘Menu’ on Remote > On TV click ‘Support’ > Click ‘Software Update’ > ‘Yes’ to the message about Pen Drive.
*If the ‘Software Update’ option is greyed out give the menu time to fire up, it will appear eventually.
*And to see the current Firmware version on your TV, click Menu > Support > Contact Samsung
Samsung in my experience = Good Products, but support and website could be better.